Vice President of Fund Development & Communications
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson is accepting applications for a Vice President of Fund Development & Communications. This full-time position is responsible for the overall fundraising, marketing and communications objectives for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson. Fundraising areas encompass individual and major gifts, corporate partnerships, special event sponsorships and other revenue, grants, promotions, bequests, and in-kind support. Marketing and Communications areas encompass all aspects and mediums of general mission, awareness and fundraising communications as well as public relations.
This position requires a high-energy creative individual who is extremely goal oriented, able to handle multiple deadlines, demonstrates good judgement and maturity in decision-making and works well on a team as well as within a collaborative environment. An ability to consistently follow through with donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship is critical.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise the Director of Marketing & Communications, Director of Sponsorships & Community Giving, Director of Special Events, and part time grant writer positions
- Create an annual resource development budget in conjunction with CEO and CFO
- In collaboration with the CEO and Board, work with committees and team in developing goals and objectives to successfully execute annual strategic business plan
- Work with Fundraising/Event Committees to create Corporate Partnership and Event Sponsorship Opportunities
- Secure major individual and corporate sponsors ($10k and above) for special events
- Develop and work with Board Members to cultivate a pipeline of major gift donors and solicit regularly
- Participate in and create donor stewardship activities with emphasis on Board and major gift donors
- Support and attend BGCT and other charity special events, BGCT clubhouse events, internal and external meetings and network within the community to the benefit of the organization to secure funding and increase awareness of our mission
- Other additional tasks or project responsibilities that may not be included in the above areas
Four year degree from an accredited college or university in business, non-profit, or other relevant field, and at least four years of experience in the non-profit or foundation sectors; including fundraising, corporate sponsorship, grant writing, event planning, marketing and communications; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong and professional communication skills, both oral and written
- Comfortable working independently and in group setting
- Ability to work effectively with CEO, VP and Board level individuals
- Skilled at negotiating and problem solving
- Self-starter, able to manage and organize multiple projects and priorities on time and on budget
- Must be able to work flexible hours, to include evenings and weekends as necessary as well as travel throughout the city, state and possibly overnight travel out of state.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The salary range for this position is $75,000 - $85,000 annually depending on experience. This position is eligible for benefits offered by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson.
This position requires driving - candidates must have had a valid driver’s license for at least three years. Pre-employment drug testing and a comprehensive background check is part of our hiring process.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume.
Position is open until filled.
Pay: $75,000 to $85,000/year
Job Status: Full Time