Teen Program Specialist - Part Time
The Teen Program Specialist is responsible for the recruitment and retention of members ages 13-17 for the Roy Drachman Clubhouse. In addition, the Teen Program Specialist is responsible for planning, developing, and implementing programs, activities and field trips that engage the Club’s teen population.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday - 3PM to 7PM; Wednesday - 1PM to 6PM
Program Development and Implementation:
- Establish programs, services, and activities that prepare youth for future success in life, career, and academics
- Ensure that facilities, equipment, and supplies are maintained, ensuring the facility is welcoming and inclusive of teens
- Collaborate with the Program Director on teen related programs such as Youth of the Year, EXCEL, CIA, and Grad for Mas
- Oversee day-to day programs and activities for the teen members
- Develop new strategies and ideas for teen engagement and recruitment during Teen Night
- Work closely with other pt. staff and interns/volunteers in the delivery of teen related programming/activities.
Teen Recruitment and Strategic Planning:
- Plan and implement outreach events and activities at local schools and community events to increase teen membership.
- Consult and collaborate with PD and other Club sites serving teens to develop programming, marketing strategies, and partnership development to ensure retention of teens in the Club
- Collaborate with PD to transition middle school youth into teen programming
- Meet with school leadership to collaborate and plan events/activities
- Develop and maintain partnerships with parents, local schools, and community stakeholders in order to better serve the teen clubhouse population
- Maintain cleanliness of teen areas and clubhouse
- Drive and supervise members on field trips in Clubhouse vehicle
- Minimum two years experience working with youth OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Must meet eligibility requirements to drive club van including:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Have a current driver’s license with a minimum of 3 years of verifiable driving history
- Acceptable driving record
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively deal with members including disciplinary issues
- Ability to work collaboratively and manage multiple projects effectively
- Knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Word and other processing programs
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred but not required
Pre-employment drug testing and a background check is part of our hiring process.
Position is open until filled.
Pay: from $12/hour
Job Status: Part Time,Internship