Program Director (Roy Drachman Clubhouse)
The Program Director plans and oversees the implementation of balanced activities and programming linked to Boys & Girls Clubs core Youth Development Outcomes and will work with the Club Director to oversee operations and staffing for the unit including supervision of part time staff.
Plans, develops, implements, supervises, and evaluates all activities and programs in core service areas that will enhance the personal growth and development of Club members.
Will assist in managing budgets and controlling expenses as assigned. Will assume management of the clubhouse in the absence of the Clubhouse Director.
Provides supervision and leadership to area/program staff and volunteers. Ensures that staff are developing and implementing activities and programs that support the Club’s priority outcomes, including: Academic Success, Good Character & Citizenship, and Healthy Lifestyles.
Creates and maintains a safe environment for all Club members. Monitors and evaluates situations quickly, using good judgment to make decisions and take appropriate action. Effectively communicates with parents/caregivers, community partners, and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college in education, sociology, child and family studies, or other related field.
- At least 1 year of experience in the development and implementation of education and leadership programs and activities for youth in a Boys & Girls Club, camp and/or other youth focused setting. At least 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Must meet eligibility requirements to drive club van including:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Have a current driver’s license with a minimum of 3 years of verifiable driving history
- Acceptable driving record
- Strong communicator in both written and verbal forms.
- Must be capable of obtaining CPR and First Aid Certification (training provided).
- Energetic and enthusiastic leader interested in a career in youth development.
Please include a cover letter with your resume.
This position is eligible for benefits offered by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson.
Pre-employment drug testing and a comprehensive background check is part of our hiring process.
Position is open until filled.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pay: $35,568 to $40,000/year
Job Status: Full Time