Part Time STEM Program Specialist
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson is currently accepting applications for a part-time (20 hours a week) STEM Program Specialist at the Frank & Edith Morton Clubhouse. Under the direct supervisor of the Program Director, the STEM Program Specialist will be responsible for implementing, coordinating, and organizing activities and programs with a STEM focus as well as monitoring activities in the computer lab.
School Year: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 3:00 to 8:00 PM; Wednesday 2:00 to 6:00 PM
Summer (June-July): Monday-Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements the after-school and summer program based on the STEM and Computer Lab program, guiding members in learning and understanding of STEM.
- Maintains proper care and upkeep of the Computer Lab and other equipment and supplies.
- Meets with Clubhouse staff to solicit input in the process of planning and developing the STEM and Computer Lab program schedule.
- Understands and adheres to the organizational standards.
- Keeps all STEM bulletin boards, displays and materials updated.
- Maintains the Computer Lab in clean and safe operational condition by keeping the floor, equipment and tables clean and free of clutter.
- Implements various and established methods of member recognition for participation and achievement in STEM activities.
- Maintains order and discipline of members by implementing and reinforcing the discipline policy of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson.
- Solicits members' input for activities in which they would like included in the STEM program.
- Works in coordination with the Program Director and Clubhouse Director in supervising youth volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Demonstrable experience or education in a STEM related field.
- Experience working with youth ages 7 to 17 years old.
- Must meet eligibility requirements to drive club van including:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Have a current driver’s license with a minimum of 3 years of verifiable driving history
- Acceptable driving record
Pre-employment drug testing and a background check is part of our hiring process.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Open until filled.
Pay: $10.50 to $11/hour
Job Status: Part Time, Internship