Part Time STEM Program Specialist
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson is currently accepting applications for a part-time (20-25 hours a week) STEM Program Specialist at the Holmes Tuttle Clubhouse. Under the direct supervisor of the Clubhouse Director, the STEM Program Specialist will be responsible for implementing, coordinating, and organizing activities and programs with a STEM focus as well as monitoring activities in the computer lab.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and implementation of STEM activities and programs for members ages 7 to 17 years old.
- Responsible for recruiting more middle and high school aged members to participate in STEM programs, with a focus on military connected youth and girls.
- Create and execute STEM program delivery plan for the school year and summer, including creating a plan for engaging volunteers with STEM expertise to assist with program delivery.
- Lead outreach and coordinate monthly events targeting military families.
- Coordinate STEM focused field trips and guest speaker presentations.
- May be responsible for transportation of youth on field trips, which may include weekends and overnight trips.
- Create and maintain a safe environment for members within the Club.
- Monitor and respond to situations quickly, using solid judgment to assess and make decisions.
- Communicate with parents/caregivers as necessary regarding Club events, member behavior, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Demonstrable experience or education in a STEM related field.
- Experience working with youth ages 7 to 17 years old.
- Meet eligibility requirements to drive club van including:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Have a current driver’s license with a minimum of 3 years of verifiable driving history
- Acceptable driving record
Pre-employment drug testing and a background check is part of our hiring process.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Open until filled.
Pay: $11.50 to $12/hour
Job Status: Part Time,Internship