Part Time Recreation Staff (Roy Drachman Clubhouse)
Under the direct supervision of the Program Director, the Recreation Staff is responsible for implementing fun activities based on the Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson's mission.
August - May: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 3PM-7PM; Wednesday 1PM-6PM
June-July: Monday through Friday 9AM-5PM
- Implements the after-school and summer program based on the Gym and Games Room program, guiding and engaging members in learning and understanding games and sportsmanship.
- Maintains proper care and upkeep of the Gym and Games Room equipment and supplies.
- Meets with Clubhouse staff to solicit input in the process of planning and developing the Gym and Games Room program schedule.
- Understands and adheres to the organizational standards for Social Recreation as they relate to the Gym and Games Room.
- Maintains the working areas so that they are clean and in safe operational condition by keeping the floor, equipment and tables clean and free of clutter.
- Implements various and established methods of member recognition for participation and achievement in the Gym and Games Room.
- Maintains order and discipline of members by implementing and reinforcing the discipline policy of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson.
- Solicits members' input for activities in which they would like included in the Gym and Games Room program.
- Works in coordination with the Youth Program Director, Health and P.E. Director, and Clubhouse Director in supervising youth volunteers and staff to Jr. Leaders, Keystone and Help-A-Kid participants.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and some experience working with youth ages 7 – 17 years old.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with youth.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and appreciation of games room activities.
- Prior athletic experience required with knowledge of soccer and/or youth coaching would be a plus.
Background check and drug screening required as a condition of employment.
Position is open until filled
Pay: from $12/hour
Job Status: Part Time,Internship