Part Time Program/Gym Staff (Pascua Yaqui Clubhouse)
Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson is currently accepting applications for Part Time Program/Gym Staff to support our school year programs. Staff engage children in a variety of fun and educational learning experiences focused primarily on sports, but will also include other ares such as STEM, art, and other project based activities. Staff will also be responsible for assisting children with virtual school classes and assignments.
Summary of position:
Part Time Program/Gym Staff is responsible for planning and leading fun activities and programs for youth ages 7 – 17. Essential functions may include, but are not limited to:
- Implementing activities and programs based on the objectives/goals of the Clubhouse linked to developing academic success, leadership and healthy lifestyle outcomes for children in a variety of settings such as small and large program areas, gym, and outdoors.
- Ensuring all Clubhouse areas are kept in clean and safe operating condition which includes disinfecting areas after use, frequent hand washing, and adhering to appropriate social distancing guidelines.
- Assisting youth with virtual learning.
- Encouraging active participation in Clubhouse activities and programs.
- Implementing various and established methods of member recognition for participation and achievement.
- Maintaining order and discipline of members by implementing and reinforcing behavioral guidelines established by Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson.
- Maintaining proper care and upkeep of equipment and supplies.
Schedule is Monday-Friday with shift assignments being 4-6 hours each day.
Please note that our operating hours are 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM due to the delayed school start and the change to virtual classes for the beginning of the school year. When school resumes in person, we may be shifting our operating hours back to after school, 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
Qualified candidates must have a high school diploma or equivalent, with the ability to work and communicate effectively with youth ages 7 – 17 years old. Experience in sports and outdoor activities is preferred. Due to enhanced safety guidelines, employees will be required to wear face masks and have a temperature check upon entering the facility.
Part-Time positions work 20-29 hours per week with a starting wage of $12.00 hour.
Pre-employment drug testing and a background check are part of our hiring process. The Pascua Yaqui tribe may require all youth program staff to be tested for Covid-19. Testing is completed by the Pascua Yaqui Health Department. Staff are required to wear facial coverings throughout the day.
Pay: from $12/hour
Job Status: Part Time