Part Time Gym Staff (Holmes Tuttle Clubhouse)
Under the direct supervision of the Program Director, the Gym Staff is responsible planning and implementing fun after-school and summer programs and activities indoors and outdoors with youth ages 7-17, based on the Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson's mission.
School Year Hours - Monday-Friday 2:30-7:30 except Wednesday 1-6
Summer Hours (June-July) - Between 20 to 40 hours
Monday through Friday - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Implements the after-school and summer program based on the Gym program, guiding members in learning and understanding games and sportsmanship.
- Maintains proper care and upkeep of the Gym equipment and supplies.
- Meets with Clubhouse staff to solicit input in the process of planning and developing the Gym activity and program schedule.
- Understands and adheres to the organizational standards for Social Recreation as they relate to the Gym.
- Keeps all Gym bulletin boards, displays and materials updated.
- Maintains the Gym in clean and safe operational condition by keeping the floor and equipment clean and free of clutter.
- Implements various and established methods of member recognition for participation and achievement in the Gym.
- Maintains order and discipline of members by implementing and reinforcing the discipline policy of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson.
- Solicits members' input for activities in which they would like included in the Gym program.
- Works in coordination with the Clubhouse Director and Program Director in supervising volunteers.
High School Diploma or equivalent and some experience working with youth ages 7 – 17 years old. The ability to work and communicate effectively with youth; and demonstrated skills, knowledge and appreciation of different sports activities.
Background check and drug screening required as a condition of employment.
Open until filled.
Pay: from $12/hour
Job Status: Part Time