Part Time Accounting Associate
The Part Time Accounting Associate works under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer. Responsible for processing accounts receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, and payroll functions excluding those done by 3rd party payroll processor.
- Processes cash receipts and bank deposits
- Processes journal entries and month end closing
- Processes receivables, invoicing, and credit card invoice charges
- Primary payroll preparer utilizing Paylocity software.
- Assists CFO with year-end tasks and schedules related to payroll, accounts receivable, cash receipts, journal entries, and audit requests.
- Other duties as assigned to support organization
- Associates Degree in accounting, business or other related field and 2 years payroll and/or accounts receivable experience; OR 4 years payroll and/or accounts receivable experience; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- This position will require 2 or 3 weekend or evenings per year for special events.
- Must meet the requirements to drive for the organization including being at least 21 years of age, have a valid driver’s license with minimum of 3 years verifiable driving experience, good driving record and access to a motor vehicle with required insurance coverage.
- Experience working in a non-profit with grant experience
- Experience processing payroll with 3rd party payroll software strongly preferred.
- Experience working with Abila/MIP accounting software
This is a part time (20 hours a week) non-exempt position. Position is eligible for some benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing and a background check is part of our hiring process.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position is open until filled. First Review Friday, February 21st.
Pay: $15 to $16/hour
Job Status: Part Time