This position is responsible for the maintenance and care of the six clubhouses of Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson.
- Advise the Director of Facilities regularly of all physical plant activity, including detailed reports of costs and activities.
- Stay abreast of the changing needs of the company’s curricular, extracurricular, and summer programs to respond in a timely fashion to any necessary changes in physical plant services.
- Work under the Facilities Director to provide information for use by various Board and Administrative committees, providing reports on all areas of the physical plant; bringing technical expertise, advice and experience in campus beautification, building beautification, planned maintenance, and energy management, use of facilities, etc.
Specific duties include:
- Responsible daily for the management of building maintenance and operation of building grounds and buildings, including all mechanical systems, etc.
- Set up-up and clean up for special events, functions, and meetings.
- Daily upkeep of facility within established standards.
- Daily coordination with evening custodian(s) regarding event set-up, larger projects, and other jointly performed tasks.
- Responsible fiscal spending within the established budget.
- Maintain control of work request orders, overseeing quality control on the timely and cost-effective execution of all work orders.
- Perform testing and maintain required logbooks for all areas of physical plant responsibilities (e,g, monthly elevator testing, fire extinguisher testing).
- Ensure good communication, accountability, and relationships with the administration, faculty, and staff.
- Work with Director of Facilities on code compliance programs, including but not limited to asbestos management; lead in water, soils paints; air quality; hazardous waste reduction, management, and disposal; radon; and other health-related issues.
- Ensure adherence to safety protocols, whether required by federal or state regulations; industry-standard best practices; or established policies.
- Submit purchase orders for routine consumables.
- Work with the Director of Facilities to solicit bids for and evaluate outside contractors and communicate their performance to the Director of Facilities.
- Recommend choice of vendors, with proper approval and bids required.
- Perform duties as assigned including during fire and safety drills.
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED required; some college preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ work in a maintenance environment.
- Knowledge of building systems.
- Ability to perform most minor repairs, accompanied by the ability to evaluate when a repair is beyond the employee’s capabilities, resulting in a recommendation to the Director of Facilities to call for repair.
- Pleasant demeanor and outstanding customer service skills.
- Solid work ethic; professional, positive attitude; and willingness to perform tasks assigned.
- Must meet the requirements to drive for the organization including being at least 21 years of age, have a valid driver’s license with good driving record and consistent access to a motor vehicle with required insurance coverage.
- Must be capable of obtaining CPR and First Aid Certification (training provided).
Pre-employment drug testing and a background check is part of our hiring process.
Position is full time Monday-Friday with some evenings and weekends as needed. Position is eligible for benefits.
Position is open until filled.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pay: $18 to $22/hour
Job Status: Full Time