Health & PE Director (Pascua Yaqui Clubhouse)
The Health & PE Director is responsible for the delivery of quality health and physical education and development programs, activities, and services for boys and girls 7 to 17 years of age that show measurable impact in participants’ academic success; good character and citizenship; and promotion of healthy lifestyle. Programs and activities must be organized, fun, meet the developmental needs of the targeted age groups and scheduled to ensure maximum participation. Health and physical education programs and activities must be consistent with the organization’s youth priority outcomes. The Health & PE Director will provide a safe and positive atmosphere for Club Members to learn and grow that is sensitive to the cultural diversity of the Club Members served. The Health & PE Director will be responsible for supervision of staff; and will be expected to participate in organizational wide events, programs and functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college in physical education or other related field AND at least 1 years of experience with youth sports and recreation programs including sports leagues, clinics and health workshops; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This position requires driving a high occupancy van (Requires drivers to be at least 21 years old, hold a valid driver’s license with at least three years licensed driving experience, and have no serious driving violations.)
- Strong communicator in both written and verbal forms.
- Must have or be capable of obtaining CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Energetic and enthusiastic leader interested in a career in youth development.
- Supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in tribal relations is strongly preferred.
Clubhouse Operating Hours:
Academic Year (August - May)
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 3PM-8PM; Wednesday: 2PM-8PM
This position is expected to work during clubhouse open hours and requires some weekends and the possibility of overnight travel. This position is also eligible for the full benefits package.
Pre-employment drug testing and a comprehensive background check is part of our hiring process.
Pay: $14 to $16/hour
Job Status: Full Time