Director of Marketing and Communication
The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for the following: in coordination with outside firm, management of all aspects of BGCT websites and social media, preparation of graphics and editing content for newsletters, e-blast campaigns, preparation of fliers and other internal clubhouse and organization collateral, coordination and oversight of in-house and contracted graphic design and printing projects, and support of research related to donor activity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with PR/Marketing firm as the BGCT liaison along with the VP of Development and CEO.
- Develop marketing calendar in advance for both Clubs and Development department.
- Develop and ensure Annual Marketing and Social Media Plan is executed on time and accurately and reflects BGCT mission messaging and seasonal promotions and fundraising initiatives.
- Coordinate or produce content for all BGCT websites, social media, newsletters, annual report, annual appeals, and all e-blasts.
- Update all BGCT websites to include photos, video, editorial content, sponsor/partner acknowledgements and hyperlinks, clubhouse information, fundraising campaigns with links, newsletters, email sign-ups, etc.
- Visit Clubs for photo and video opportunities.
- Generate stories from Clubs, donors and events/promotions.
- Develop content for e-newsletters, social media and appeals.
- Create and manage fundraising pages on BGCT websites.
- Coordinate BGCT e- newsletters and e-fundraising campaigns on a monthly and as needed basis through Campaign Monitor or Constant Contact.
- Coordinate, in conjunction with outside firm, social media platforms with current and relevant news and information as related to BGCT mission and clubhouse activity.
- Increase followers and growth of electronic contact database.
- Serve as liaison between BGCT and outside graphic designers, printers and mail houses.
- Track analytics for website and social media.
- Monitor online activity and traffic and distribute monthly reports to supervisor.
- Oversee campaigns for Board Member online fundraising.
- Write scripts for events.
- Prepare mailing lists for solicitation of direct mail and email donations.
- Maintain records of campaigns and special event fundraising as evidence for sponsors, partners, grant funders, board and solicitation of new donors.
- Pre-plan marketing and attend promotions and events for Clubs and fundraising.
- Set up any promotions that require online registration or collateral.
Bachelor degree in a relevant field and minimum of 2 years’ experience working with websites and social media/marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must meet the requirements to drive for the organization including being at least 21 years of age, have a valid driver’s license with good driving record and consistent access to a motor vehicle with required insurance coverage.
- Strong professional communication and editing skills
- Comfortable working independently and in group setting
- Ability to work effectively with CEO, VP and Board level individuals
- Skilled at problem solving
- Self-starter, able to manage and organize multiple projects and priorities within set time lines
- Email Campaigns: Understanding of and ability to create e-blasts and communicate to donors and board via tools such as Campaign Monitor and Constant Contact.
- Computer Technology:
- Mac OSX & Windows operating platforms
- Microsoft Office software proficiency
- Adobe Creative Suite 5: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Acrobat Pro
- Website Applications: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, Surveymonkey, Google Analytics, Constant Contact, Campaign Monitor, Wordpress
- Understanding & Proficiency (preferred) with:
- XHTML, CSS, SEO, CMS, FTP
Pre-employment drug testing and a background check is part of our hiring process.
Cover Letter and Resume must be included to be considered for opportunity.
Position is eligible for benefits.
Pay: $45,000 to $55,000/year
Job Status: Full Time