Director of Clubhouse Operations
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson (BGCT) is accepting applications for a full-time Director of Clubhouse Operations. This position reports to the Vice President of Program Operations and is responsible for developing and monitoring safety, quality, impact, and facility management improvement plans at the six clubhouses. This position also ensures that all Clubhouse operations adhere to organizational policies and procedures through managing and supporting the Clubhouse Directors.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage performance of assigned Clubhouse Directors and other staff in achieving strategic goals and provide technical assistance related to improving safety, quality and impact
- Establish and maintain standards of Clubhouse oversight and program quality improvement in accordance with BGCA practices
- Ensure adherence to strategic plans for optimizing member registration, engagement and retention
- Develop Quality Improvement Plans annually and monitor implementation, ensuring that all units identify necessary modifications to improve program quality and outcomes and follow their plans
- Develop Safety Improvement Plans annually and monitor implementation, ensuring that all units are in compliance at all times (including development of Emergency Preparedness Plans)
- Lead data collection improvement efforts to ensure complete and accurate member information tracking
- Oversee tracking and assessment of BGCT impact, including compiling monthly data and reports for reporting and marketing
- Lead training and professional development for Clubhouse staff
- Update operations and clubhouse materials such as registration forms, pamphlets, newsletters, calendars, and promotional materials
- Manage cross-Club programs and events, including oversight and support to staff
- Oversee Clubhouse maintenance and repair, including determining and scheduling repairs, renovation projects, improvements, and safety inspections
- Ensure that equipment at Clubhouses is maintained and in good working order
- Ensure that Clubhouse grounds are maintained
- Support with coordinating the maintenance and repair of fleet vehicles
- Assist with managing Clubhouse rentals
- Support with tabling at community events to raise awareness about the BGCT mission and programs
- Negotiate with outside vendors for supplies, repairs and other measures
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field with a minimum of three years experience in a non-profit organization with previous multi-location operations management and supervision experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer a Master’s degree and Boys & Girls Clubs experience or other youth serving organization.
- Considerable knowledge youth development, non-profit organization and operations policies, programs and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct and coordinate operations; in personnel supervision, the recruitment and retention of key personnel; facilities management and budget management.
- Leadership skills that evoke support and the confidence to deal effectively with conflict and engage others to excel individually and as a team.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Must have the ability to speak publicly, communicate information clearly and gain buy-in from others.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision.
- Proven track record of team building to establish trust and maintain effective working relationships with club staff, peers, supervisors, subordinates, Board members, and community groups
- Knowledge of computer software applications.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record and consistent access to a motor vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The salary is commensurate with preferred experience and competencies. This position is eligible for benefits offered by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson.
This position requires driving a fleet vehicle which may include a 15 passenger van - candidates must be at least 21 years old and have had a valid driver’s license for at least three years and meet the driving guidelines per policy.
Pre-employment drug testing and a background check is part of our hiring process.
A cover letter is required for consideration.
Open until filled. First Review Date January 21st.
Pay: $50,000 to $58,000/year
The salary is commensurate with preferred experience.
Job Status: Full Time