Clubhouse Director - Jim & Vicki Click Clubhouse
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson is accepting applications for a full-time Club Director assigned to oversee the Jim & Vicki Click Clubhouse. The Club Director holds primary oversight, direction and management of the operations of the Clubhouse with a focus on designing and executing growth, retention and sustainability strategies. Responsibilities include: managing daily operations; attracting and retaining dynamic Club Staff (hiring, supervision, and training); ensuring the delivery of high-quality and impactful programming; membership administration; family, community and partner relationship development; and maintaining the care and upkeep of the facility.
Normal after school programming and hours are 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM and are expected to resume Fall 2021. Summer Hours (June-July) are 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment, ensuring facilities, equipment and supplies are maintained.
- Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer) to provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions; instruct, and advise/counsel.
- Provide development opportunities for staff and volunteers. Conduct regular staff meetings.
- Maintain contact as needed with external community groups, schools, member’s parents and others to assist in resolving problems.
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate overall programs, services and activities to ensure they meet stated objectives and member needs and interests. Compile required regular reports reflecting all activities, attendance and participation.
- Establish and execute teen and alumni engagement plans with a focus on increasing membership numbers and offering relevant, quality programs, services and activities to teens and alumni.
- Develop partnerships with parents, community leaders and organizations.
- Develop and maintain public relations to increase the visibility of programs, services and activities within the Club and the community.
- Ensure administrative and operational systems are in place to maintain the operation of the physical properties and equipment of the Club, including use of facilities by outside groups. Ensure compliance with organization policies.
- Purchase approved supplies and equipment.
- Exercise authority in problems relating to members; utilize guidance and discipline plan.
- Drive Club van as required.
- Four year degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field, and three – five years of experience in developing and administering youth programs, supervising staff and maintaining a facility, preferably in a Boys & Girls Club setting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to train, supervise and motivate staff.
- Demonstrated ability in facilities management.
- Ability to deal effectively with members including discipline problems.
- 1st Aid/CPR certification within 3 months of employment
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with youth ages 7 – 17 years old, parents and community leaders.
- This position requires driving a 12 passenger van - candidates must be at least 21 years old and have had a valid driver’s license with three years of verifiable driving experience with an acceptable driving record.
Interested candidates, please submit a resume and cover letter. The salary is commensurate with experience. This position is eligible for benefits offered by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson.
Pre-employment drug testing and a background check is part of our hiring process.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visa sponsorship is not available. Review of applications will begin May 25th. Position is open until filled.
Pay: from $47,500/year
The salary is commensurate with experience.
Job Status: Full Time