Chief Financial Officer
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson is accepting applications for a full-time Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The CFO will be a strategic partner, and report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager and will lead and develop an internal team to support the following areas: finance, business planning and budgeting, and IT.
The CFO will play a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson continues to enhance its quality programming and build capacity. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the day-to-day fiscal responsibilities of a non-profit organization and serve as a part of the executive leadership team.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the CEO; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Manage the contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of directors.
- Supervise two part time accounting staff and oversee IT consultant and IT function.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Minimum of a Bachelor’s in Accounting or related field with at least 5 years of professional finance experience preferably in non-profit or public sector; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer a Masters degree in Accounting and/or CPA certification. Some evenings and weekends required. Must meet the requirements to drive for the organization including being at least 21 years of age, have a valid driver’s license with good driving record and consistent access to a motor vehicle with required insurance coverage.
- Considerable knowledge of GAAP, Finance policies and practices, and principles and practices of non-profit organizations.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to, and to effectively collaborate with, programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have financial backgrounds.
- Knowledge and expertise in grants management.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Some knowledge of technology with experience overseeing software and hardware purchases and installations.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a dedication to the mission of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Pre-employment drug testing and a background check, including credit check, is part of our hiring process.
Position is full time. Salary DOE with a comprehensive benefits package.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume.
Position is open until filled. First review will begin on August 5th.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Must include a cover letter.
Job Status: Full Time