Chief Executive Officer
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson is seeking a uniquely qualified and highly motivated professional as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to manage all aspects of operations of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson (BGCT), in support of the organizational mission and goals. The CEO provides leadership, direction and support to the Board of Directors in developing organizational goals and establishing policies. Direct responsibilities include high level donor development, securing significant levels of funding, executive decision-making, maintaining open communication with all stakeholders, fiscal management, and overall leadership, care and motivation of the staff. The CEO additionally provides leadership and direction to senior management in carrying out the key roles assigned to them. This position is also the liaison to Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
Provide leadership and direction to ensure the safe, effective operation and delivery of programs within the Clubs and the community:
- Support the organization's mission and principles
- Ensure an environment that facilitates the achievement of youth development outcomes
- Ensure programs, services and activities that support youth development outcomes
- Ensure establishment of and adherence to policies and procedures
Fiscal Management and Organizational Funding
Ensure the annual budget is funded and organization has adequate cash flow. Serve as the major gift fundraiser and work closely with the Fund Development and Finance Committees on implementing tactical fundraising. Cultivate major individual, foundation and corporate donors, with an emphasis on five, six, and seven figure gifts.
Marketing and Public Relations
Act as the spokesperson for the organization. Increase BGCT’s visibility and reputation in the community. Develop strategic alliances with community leaders, other non-profit CEO’s, and local officials to benefit the organization and community. Develop collaborative partnerships with other youth serving organizations, members, parents, families, donors and community organizations.
Work with the Board as a partner and collaborator. Oversee staff liaisons to Board and committees to ensure they are provided with the information and support necessary to fulfill their objectives.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) from an accredited college or university in a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven success in a CEO level or senior management level position in a multifaceted organization.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of a non-profit organization.
- Expertise in building revenue, increasing philanthropic support, and cultivation of donors.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct, plan and coordinate operations.
- Thorough knowledge of fiscal management including budgeting.
- Demonstrated leaderships skills including negotiation, problem solving, decision making and delegation.
- Innovative approach to business, program development, and community partnerships.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with the Board of Directors, staff, community groups and other related organizations.
- Preferred: Knowledge of youth development.
- Business Insight
- Cultivates Innovation
- Strategic Mindset
- Ensures Accountability
- Instills Trust
- Balances Stakeholders
- Drives Vision and Purpose
- Builds Effective Teams
Please include a cover letter (no more than 2 pages) that includes the answers to the following questions:
- Share your experience with non-profit organizations and working with a Board of Directors
- What successful community partnerships have you formed and why?
- Please give three examples of your major fundraising experiences, including amount.
This position is expected to travel locally, regionally and nationally. This position requires driving a personal vehicle - candidates must have access to a vehicle with liability insurance, have had a valid driver’s license for at least three years and must meet BGCT guidelines for driving. Pre-employment drug testing and a comprehensive background check is part of our hiring process.
Open Until Filled. First Review - February 24th
Pay: $125,000 to $140,000/year
Commensurate with Experience
Job Status: Full Time