The Accounting Specialist works under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for processing accounts payable, credit card statements, check, EFT & ACH payment processing, and clubhouse cash deposits as well as other accounting support.
- Processes invoices and credit card statements using fund accounting principles
- Processes invoice payments via checks, EFT or ACH
- Manages vendor relations
- Processes journal entries
- Generates monthly expense reporting
- Generates bi-monthly federal grant financial reporting
- Proofs and prepares cashbox deposits from Clubhouses
- Assist with year-end financial reporting including 1099, 990, and audit preparations
- Other duties as assigned to support organization
- Associates Degree in accounting, business or other related field and 2 years accounts payable experience; or 5 years accounts payable experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working in a non-profit with grant exposure preferred.
- Experience working with Abila/MIP appreciated.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Outlook, and Word.
This position will require 2 or 3 weekend or evenings per year for special events.
This is a full-time (35 hours a week) non-exempt position. Office Hours are Monday-Friday 9 AM to 5 PM. This position requires in-person office hours.
This position is eligible for benefits package.
Pre-employment drug testing and a background check is part of our hiring process.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position is open until filled.
Pay: $16 to $17.85/hour
Job Status: Full Time