Academic Support Specialist
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson is currently accepting applications for a full-time Academic Support Specialist.
Summary of Position:
The Academic Support Specialist position is supported by The Angel Charity for Children, Inc.’s “Healthy Minds, Healthy Kids” initiative and will be responsible for working one-on-one with families and members to identify ways we can support members with achieving academic success and personal health and wellness. Clubs will invite up to 25 members per site to participate in this effort for the 2021-2022 school year. Each participant will receive support with mapping out success plans that incorporate targeted strategies for academic development along with any needed mental health and wellness connections. From there, they will identify resources in the community and connect youth and families to those resources.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with Club staff to identify youth to engage in program.
- Meet with families to discuss program and needs of the child(ren).
- Conduct assessments with participants, survey families for input, and develop individualized plans for each participant.
- Create and maintain an up to date list of academic support resources and relevant service referral contacts in the local community that can be provided to families.
- Maintain regular communication with the participant’s parents/caregivers and teachers/school staff for each participant.
- Develop program materials, as needed.
- Develop and maintain accurate records for each participant.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of strategies incorporated into academic success plans.
- Work with supervisor to evaluate program.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or other related field with two years academic counseling or case management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must meet eligibility requirements to drive including:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Have a current driver’s license with a minimum of 3 years of verifiable driving history
- Acceptable driving record
- Consistent access to a motor vehicle with required insurance coverage
- Excellent oral and written community skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to motivate individuals and groups.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups and communities.
- Comfortable working with sensitive issues.
- Be a quick learner and self-starter.
- Great team player.
- Commitment to respecting the organization’s leadership and mission.
This position is eligible for benefits offered by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson.
Pre-employment drug testing and a background check is part of our hiring process.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pay: $18.27 to $20.19/hour
Job Status: Full Time